Firm Foundation CF – Corporate Church Fasting and Prayer
James 4: 8-10 … Draw near to me and I will draw near to you.
Dan 1:12-15 … and let them give us vegetables to eat and water to drink.
Dan 9:2-6 … Then I set my face toward the Lord God to make request by prayer and supplications, with fasting, sackcloth, and ashes.
Firm Foundation will be conducting a corporate church fast from Jan 12th – 6am – Jan 25th, 6am. The time period will be as follows: 14 days. All members are asked to participate! We will be praying on Tuesday on the Prayerline at 7:30pm and at 7:00 am on Friday on the conference line @ phone (712)770-5505- code 238238#
Depending on your faith and spiritual level the fast will be as follows:
A Daniel fast which includes water, 100% fruit juices of any kind, eat fruits, vegetables of any kind, grains, brown rice and beans 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
Do an absolute fast with nothing with water and 100% juice from 6am – 6pm and upon breaking the fast eat soup, vegetables of any kind, grains, brown rice and beans, fruits, and 100% fruit juices.
If you have medical problems and take medication be wise and partake of one meal a day if needed, which are not fried!
You can drink healthy smoothies (no sugar) and Remember no chips, sweets, coffee or meats. If you eat these items you are just dieting and there is no spiritual value or significance! However you fast, make it a sacrifice unto the LORD to see the breakthrough and blessing you are believing by faith!
We are asking that everyone fast. Remember this is a time to draw closer to the Lord, to spend time in prayer, to study the Word, and or read inspirational Christian books or devotionals. IF you cannot fast from food due to a medical condition, turn off Spectrum, Verizon, Netflix, and all worldly shows. Watching the news to know what to pray for is fine, but tune out the worldly things that appeal to the flesh. Jesus said some things only come out by fasting and prayer! Matt 17: 14-21. This is a time to crucify your flesh for spiritual edification.
The object of fasting is to deny your flesh so that your spirit grows stronger. You will draw closer to God and hear God’s voice more clearly as you pray and fast for direction, and study the Word of God. This will enable you to become a stronger and mature Christian. Man shall not live by bread alone by every Word of God…Matt 4: 4
If you need assistance, or need prayer, feel free to call, text or email the Pastor for questions or encouragement! Be strong! and expect great things from the Lord! Fasting is the most powerful spiritual discipline of all the Christian disciplines. Through fasting and prayer, the Holy Spirit can transform your life.
STEP 1: Starting your fast – Set Your Objective
Why are we fasting? We are drawing near to the Lord to seek direction, wisdom, guidance for the church, and our personal lives to draw closer to the LORD, to see and hear more clearly from the LORD, for unity, birthing, blessing and breakthrough, our families, finances, the and other areas of your life in which you may need breakthrough, blessing, healing and direction!
Above all we are praying to be empowered with a fresh anointing of the Holy Spirit. That we may see greater anointing, power, and the blessing of God manifested in the vision of ministry, and in the lives of everyone connected to this ministry. Above all, seek the Lord for direction for your family, your future, and above all your life!
STEP 2: Prepare Yourself Spiritually. The most important principle of fasting and prayer is repentance and humility before God! Unconfessed sin will hinder your prayers. Here are several things you can do to prepare your heart: Ask God to reveal any sin in your life.
Confess every sin that the Holy Spirit calls to your remembrance and accept God’s forgiveness (1 John 1:9). Seek forgiveness from all whom you have offended, and forgive all who have hurt you (Mark 11:25; Luke 11:4; 17:3,4). Study the Word, and read a daily devotional according to Matt 4: 4, Matt 5: 6 and Luke 4: 4.
Ask God to fill you with His Holy Spirit according to Acts 1: 8, Ephesians 5:18 and 1 John 5:14,15. Surrender your life fully to Jesus Christ as your Lord and Master; refuse to obey your worldly nature. (Romans 12:1,2). Do not underestimate spiritual opposition. Satan sometimes intensifies the natural battle between body and spirit (Galatians 5:16,17).
STEP 3: Beginning Your Fast – Your time of fasting and prayer has come. You should be abstaining from all meats, sweets, and coffee, and have begun to seek the Lord. Here are some helpful suggestions to consider:
- Remember to start your day fasting with prayer, at noontime and end at night with prayer. Listen to anointed praise and worship. Read devotionals, and Christian literature. Listen to FFCF sermons and check out the spiritual resources on the website, check out TBN, WORD Network, or Daystar and feed your spirit. Limit your social media interaction and draw nearer to the LORD!
- Avoid drugs unless you are on medication. Medication should be withdrawn only with your physician’s supervision. If you cannot fast from food. Fast from social media, fast from meats and sweets, fast from spending money, fast from anything that appeals to your flesh and carnal nature!
- Limit your activity. Exercise only moderately. Do not engage in excessive work or exercise. Rest as much as your schedule will permit. Prepare yourself for temporary mental discomforts, such as hunger, impatience, crankiness, and anxiety.
- Expect some physical discomforts, especially on the second day. You may have fleeting hunger pains, or dizziness. Physical annoyances may also include weakness, tiredness, or sleeplessness.
- 5. Drink cool or warm water instead of cold and do not drink too much water at one time. Do not drink milk, coffee, or other beverages during the fast for this will be considered dieting and not fasting. The first two or three days are usually the hardest. As you continue to fast, you will likely experience a sense of well-being both spiritually and physically. However, should you feel hunger pains, increase your liquid, juice or fruit intake!
STEP 4: Prayer
Remember that during your fast we should also pray! Jesus said this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting. Mat 17:21 However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.”
Here are some daily prayers that we can pray and agree on corporately as a church:
- Draw near to the LORD, worship him and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal anything in your life that may be unpleasing to him. Then confess it, repent of it and draw closer to the Lord. (Psalm 51: 1-12 and James 4: 8-10)
- Pray and forgive anyone that may have hurt or offended you. Forgive them, put it under the blood, release it and let it go. (Mark 11: 24-25)
- Ask the Lord to search your heart today and to fill you with a fresh touch of his precious Holy Spirit. (Psalm 51: 10-12) 2 Cor 13: 5)
- Ask the Holy Spirit to give you a spirit of urgency in spiritual things, and to help you stay focused against complacency, mediocrity, procrastination, and stagnancy.
- Pray and worship the LORD and give thanks for his great grace he has shown toward you, regardless of your circumstances. Psalm 34: 1-22
- Pray that you be led by the Holy Spirit and always walk in the spirit. Refuse to obey your flesh (worldly) nature (Galatians 5:16-25).
- Pray and surrender your life to Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord totally. Pray that his Kingdom would come and his perfect will be done in your life!
- Pray that God give you a fresh anointing and to activate every gift and spiritual gift in your life, as you hunger righteousness after him like never before. (Matthew 5:6).
- Pray and tell God that you love him with all of your heart, soul, mind and strength and then show genuine love to your neighbor. (Matthew 22:36-40)
- Read, study, and meditate on God’s Holy Word today according to Joshua 1: 8. Release your faith and speak life over your family, finances, future, and what God has called you to do!
- Pray without ceasing today. Pray for the ministry, pray for the mission and vision, and pray for one another. (Luke 18: 1, 1 Thessalonians 5:17).
- Ask God to pour out a fresh anointing upon your church leaders for wisdom, health and strength in ministry. Ask God to protect them spiritually, physically, mentally, financially and personally. (Psalm 51: 10-12)
- Ask God for blessings and favor upon your family and your finances. Pray for debt freedom and financial freedom. (Prov 3: 1-6)
- Pray and ask God to give you consistent and continual strength to serve him, live holy, live a life of obedience, faith, humility and servitude. ( Psalm 91: 1-16)
Additional prayers to pray and agree
- Ask the LORD to reveal and activate every spiritual gift that he has graced you with! (Jer 1: 4-7, Luke 11:13)
- Pray for the spirit of unity in the Body of Christ and in the local church! (John 17: 20-21)
- Pray for unsaved family members, neighbors, friends and acquaintances, that they may saved in Jesus Name! (2 Peter 3: 9, Matt 28: 19-20)
- Pray for the singles in the ministry. Pray that they LORD give them strength and grace continually. (Matt 7: 7-8, 1 Peter 1: 15-16)
- Pray that the LORD enlarge our territory with financial resources, favor, open doors and influence. (1 Chron 4: 10)
- Pray for our youth. Pray that the angels encamp about them, guard them and keep them focused. (Psalm 91: 1-16)
- Praise and Worship God and give him praise for renewed spiritual strength through fasting. (Psalm 34:1, Psalm 100: 1-5 and John 4: 24)
Expect Results -If you sincerely humble yourself before the Lord in repentance, prayer, seek God’s face, and meditate on His Word, you will experience a heightened awareness of His presence (John 14:21). The Lord will refresh and renew you with spiritual insights. Your confidence and faith in God will be strengthened. You will feel spiritually, mentally and physically strong. Above all you will receive breakthrough answers to your prayers!!!
LAST and final STEP 5: Breaking your fast – After the fast, begin eating gradually. Do not pig out! Suddenly reintroducing solid food to your stomach and digestive tract will likely have negative, even dangerous, consequences. Break your water fast with soup, salad, fruit or rice. Try several smaller meals or snacks each day. If you end your fast gradually, the beneficial physical and spiritual effects will result in continued good health.
To download a copy of the prayer and fasting document, click below.