Firm Foundation CF – Corporate Church Prayer and Fasting – October 2021
Joel 2:12-17… “Now, therefore,” says the LORD, “Turn to Me with all your heart, with fasting, with weeping, and with mourning.”
Dan 1:12 … and let them give us vegetables to eat and water to drink.
Dan 9:3 … Then I set my face toward the Lord God to make request by prayer and supplications, with fasting, sackcloth, and ashes.
James 4: 8 … Draw near to me and I will draw near to you.
Firm Foundation will be conducting a corporate church fast from Oct 12 – 6am – Oct 17, 6am. The time period will be as follows: 5 days for grace and favor. All members are asked to participate! Church corporate prayer will be held on Friday morning at 7am. (Tuesday night prayer for leaders remains the same) Phone is 267-807-9605. The code is 238238#
**We will do a consecrated Daniel fast which includes water, 100% juice and vegetables of any kind, frozen, canned or fresh. Beans and brown rice. Remember the goal of the fast is denial and not consumption of food. Remember no chips, sweets, coffee or meats. If you eat these items you are just dieting and there is no spiritual value or significance! ( : For mature fasters, you may also stretch yourself as the LORD leads by fasting from 6am to 6pm with water and juice! Then a light soup or beans and rice! Remember the goal of fasting is denial of the flesh and not consumption of food.
We are asking that everyone fast. Remember this is a time to draw closer to the Lord, to spend time in prayer, to study the Word, and or read Christian books or devotionals. IF you cannot fast from food, Turn off turn off the television and movies, and tune out the worldly things that appeal to the flesh. Jesus said some things only come out by fasting and prayer! Matt 17: 14-21. This is not a time to out lots of food!. This is a time to crucify your flesh for spiritual edification.
The object of fasting is to deny your flesh so that your spirit grows stronger. You will draw closer to God and hear God’s voice more clearly as you pray and fast for direction, and study the Word of God. This will enable you to become a stronger and mature Christian. Man shall not live by bread alone by every Word of God…Matt 4: 4
If you need assistance, or need prayer, feel free to call, text or email the Pastor for questions or encouragement! Be strong! and expect great things from the Lord! Fasting is the most powerful spiritual discipline of all the Christian disciplines. Through fasting and prayer, the Holy Spirit can transform your life.
Starting your fast – STEP 1: Set Your Objective
Why are we fasting? We are drawing near to the Lord to seek direction, wisdom, guidance, and above all to be empowered with a fresh anointing of the Holy Spirit as we prepare to transition to 14 years of ministry as a church, and a new year 2022. Why? That we may see greater anointing, power, and take hold of the harvest and blessing of God in the church and the lives of everyone connected to this ministry. Above all, we want to seek the Lord for direction for your family, your future, and above all your life!
STEP 2: Prepare Yourself Spiritually. The most important principle of fasting and prayer is repentance and humility before God! Unconfessed sin will hinder your prayers. Here are several things you can do to prepare your heart: Ask God to reveal any sin in your life.
Confess every sin that the Holy Spirit calls to your remembrance and accept God’s forgiveness (1 John 1:9). Seek forgiveness from all whom you have offended, and forgive all who have hurt you (Mark 11:25; Luke 11:4; 17:3,4). Study the Word, and read a daily devotional according to Matt 4: 4, Matt 5: 6 and Luke 4: 4.
Ask God to fill you with His Holy Spirit according to Acts 1: 8, Ephesians 5:18 and 1 John 5:14,15. Surrender your life fully to Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior!; refuse to obey your worldly nature. (Romans 12:1,2). Do not underestimate spiritual opposition. Satan sometimes intensifies the natural battle between body and spirit (Galatians 5:16,17).
STEP 3: Beginning Your Fast – Your time of fasting and prayer has come. You should be abstaining from all meats, sweets, and coffee, and have begun to seek the Lord. Here are some helpful suggestions to consider:
- Remember to start your day fasting with prayer, at noontime and end at night with prayer. Listen to anointed praise and worship. Read daily devotionals, and or Christian literature. Listen to FFCF sermons on the web at firmfoundationcf.org, Facebook or Youtube as the LORD leads us. Feed your spirit, and limit your social media interaction to draw nearer to the LORD!
- Avoid any drugs unless you are on medication. Medication should be withdrawn only with your physician’s supervision. If you cannot fast from food. Fast from social media, fast from meats and sweets, fast from spending money, fast from anything that appeals to your flesh and carnal nature!
- Limit your activity. Exercise only moderately. Do not engage in excessive work or exercise. Rest as much as your schedule will permit. Prepare yourself for temporary mental discomforts, such as hunger, impatience, crankiness, and anxiety.
- Expect some physical discomforts, especially on the second day. You may have fleeting hunger pains, or dizziness. Physical annoyances may also include weakness, tiredness, or sleeplessness.
- Drink cool or warm water instead of cold and do not drink too much water at one time. Do not drink milk, coffee, or other beverages during the fast for this will be considered dieting and not fasting. The first two days are usually the hardest. As you continue to fast, you will likely experience a sense of well-being both spiritually and physically. However, should you feel hunger pains, increase your liquid, juice or fruit intake!
STEP 4: Breaking your fast – After the fast, begin eating gradually. Do not pig out! Suddenly reintroducing solid food to your stomach and digestive tract will likely have negative, even dangerous, consequences. Break your water fast with soup, salad, fruit or rice. Try several smaller meals or snacks each day. If you end your fast gradually, the beneficial physical and spiritual effects will result in continued good health.
Expect Results -If you sincerely humble yourself before the Lord in repentance, prayer, seek God’s face, and meditate on His Word, you will experience a heightened awareness of His presence (John 14:21). The Lord will refresh and renew you with spiritual insights. Your confidence and faith in God will be strengthened. You will feel spiritually, mentally and physically strong. Above all you will receive breakthrough answers to your prayers!!!
To download link click here: